Some stuff, January 2014
I just found out that i had some C-41 chemicals left from last year. Except they were not from last year but from july 2012. Thats right, 2012. So i started diluting the working solutions and when the stuff in my measuring cup turned from clear to bright pink to brownish as i added the 3 parts of the developer i swear i felt like a wizard.
Anyway, since i just finished this roll with random shots from the Olympus XA and since i already was in dev mode in my head, i decided to take the risk, put on my wizard hat and souped the film in some 18-month-old Tetenal Colortec Kit.
The negs looked very dense and had a strong orange teint which probably indicated that the reactivity of the dev kit had strongly decreased over time (as one would suspect). However the scanned pretty easily with my old Coolscan. I had no problem removing the blue cast on the positives with Vuescan and overall i feel like theres only a very minor loss of tonality in the results. Printing the negs would be another thing of course.
Olympus XA, Fuji Pro 400H, Tetenal Colortec Kit